Choosing a wig can be difficult. There are many things that have to be decided upon: aesthetics (hair color, texture, length), construction (cap style, color, and materials), and occasion (special event, everyday use, and for medical reasons). One of the most important construction decisions that must be decided upon is lace type. There are several types of lace, and the intended use and lifestyle of the owner should be considered before deciding.
French lace is thick and very durable. The holes on a french lace wig are smaller compared to Swiss lace. Using glue or adhesive tapes can be a good option with this lace type since it is very durable and can hold up against harsh chemicals has a natural appearance.
Advantages and Disadvantages of French Lace?
Here are some of the advantages of wearing French Lace Wigs:
- It is very durable
- It has soft lace
- It is thick and more coarse
- It is not as undetectable as well as other lace types.
- This lace is not used as often as other lace types, therefore most wigs constructed with French lace must be a custom order.
Swiss lace is a wise option for unit requiring adhesive and glueless units.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Swiss Lace Wigs?
Here are some of the advantages of wearing Swiss Lace Wigs:
- It is more undetectable than French lace
- The lace is soft
- Skin or cap color visible through the lace.
- Not the least detectible material available
- Moderately durable
HD Lace (Also known as ultra-fine swiss lace) is currently the most popular among the three lace types. This material is the thinnest when it comes to quality and also the most delicate. HD lace only comes in and is very hard to be detected. This material can also “melt” (blend) into any skin tone due to how fine the lace is. HD lace has long been used in theatre-grade hairpieces and other prosthetics.
Advantages and Disadvantages of HD Lace
Here are some of the advantages of wearing HD Lace Wigs:
- It completely blends with the skin
- Itching is decreased due to the thinness of the material
- It is nearly undetectable to the naked eye
- It is very thin and can rip very easily
- Everything must be done very carefully: applying, removing, styling and maintenance.
- Due to labor shortages in factories, and its new popularity in the mainstream, ultra-fine swiss is not available in abundance.
So there you have it. If you need to know more about wigs or extensions, contact us!